Good evening 🌺
Tonight, I am pleased to share with you a beautiful and delicious recipe idea, easy and quick to make. These little buns are stuffed with a delicious filling made up of spicy chicken, onion, peppers, olives, cheese and fresh cream…the whole thing is somewhat reminiscent of the flavors of tacos. It’s really delicious 👌 The buns are soft, the filling tasty. You will enjoy yourself for sure!
Small precision: I had a leftover stuffing because I prepared a large quantity to stuff the “batbout” buns that I had left. I therefore advise you to reduce the quantity of meat to around 350 g, and to adapt that of the cream. For the rest do not change anything.
I found this recipe HERE .
- 500g T55 flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp salt or to personal taste
- 1/2 glass of oil
- 1 tablespoon fine granulated baker’s yeast (I’m currently using SAF instant)
- 250ml lukewarm milk
- an egg yolk mixed with a fork with a dash of milk for gilding
- seeds of your choice: sesame seeds, poppy seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds…
- 500 g chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 large bell pepper, washed, seeded and finely chopped
- Provencal herbs
- 30g green olives, sliced
- 60g grated cheese
- A 20 cl briquette of fresh cream
- 13 squares of cheddar hamburger toastinettes
Preparation of the dough :
- In the bowl of the robot, pour the flour, make a well and put the yeast in it. Cover it with a little warm (not hot!) milk.
- In one edge, place the salt and in another edge break the egg.
- Add the oil.
- Start kneading with the dough hook. Add the milk little by little. Knead for 5 minutes.
- Stop the robot. Cover the bowl with transparent film and let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
- At the end of this time (use a timer!) remove the transparent film and knead again for 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough again using the same transparent film, plus a towel and let the dough rest just long enough to prepare the filling.
This paste does not necessarily need to rest, it can be used immediately.
Preparation of the stuffing :
- In a bowl, place the meat cut into small pieces. Season with the spices mentioned, depending on the quantity of meat. There must be taste, put the right amount of spices. To mix together.
- In a frying pan, pour 2 tbsp of oil, heat. Add chopped onion. Sweat for five minutes, stirring often. Add the finely chopped bell pepper. To mix together. Let the vegetables sweat.
- Add the spiced meat. Brown for 3 minutes.
- Add the fresh cream, the grated cheese, the slices of olives. Mix and finish cooking the meat.
- The stuffing should thicken.
- Transfer to another container and let cool.
Shape then stuff :
- Divide the dough into 13 small identical balls. Place them on a floured work surface.
- Flatten the first ball neither too thin nor too thick.
- place a slice of cheese and a small amount of the stuffing in the middle. Imprison the stuffing in the toastinette of cheddar and assemble the ends by welding them well as if to form a small purse.
- Place the ball of dough on the table with the seam at the bottom and with the palms of your hands roll it up.
- Place the stuffed dough balls as you go on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. When all the balls of dough are stuffed, brush them with egg yolk. Sprinkle small seeds on top and cook for about 20 minutes th 160 ° let brown. (at 180°C for me and with rotating heat).