Good evening 🌼
I’m coming back to you with an idea for an easy and fairly quick meal to make. These are super soft buns, with two different really tasty pizza-style toppings, some are tuna and some are anchovies. I prepared them with a wonderful dough, which can be used in a thousand and one ways, the famous magic dough also called ten-minute dough which I flavored with oregano and which does not require a lot of kneading time or rest long, which is a great advantage for busy and often overwhelmed mums.
For shaping, I borrowed the idea of Turkish buns called pogaça.
*capacity of my glass = 150 ml
The first phase :
- 2 cups* of flour
- 2 glasses of lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp dry baker’s yeast
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
The second stage :
- 3 glasses of flour
- 1/2 glass of oil (for salty olive oil, for sweet neutral oil) (I made half olive oil, half sunflower oil)
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 2 tsp dried oregano (za3tar) to flavor the dough. (optional)
I used my robot with the dough hook.
First phase :
- Mix all the ingredients using a spatula. The mixture will be relatively liquid.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
Second phase :
- Then add to the first phase the 3 glasses of flour, the salt and the half glass of oil. Add the 2 tsp of oregano. Knead the dough well (5 minutes with the robot) until you obtain a homogeneous dough. Add flour if necessary. I didn’t need to add more.
- The dough should be non-sticky.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Your dough is ready.
magic dough recipe source: Xavier Legrand. ” Allrecipes.com”
With this fabulous dough, I prepared pizza-style rolls (with tuna and anchovies) and the shaping is “pogaças” style, these Turkish rolls that we see everywhere on social networks.
Start by preparing the spicy tomato sauce :
- In a small bowl, pour half a small can of finely crushed tomato purée (about 200 g).
- Add 1 tsp of double concentrated tomato, a little salt, pepper.
- Flavor this sauce with 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Add a little garlic powder, 1 tsp powdered sugar.
For garnish :
- spicy tomato sauce
- a small mixture of peppers (red, yellow, even green if you want) chopped quite finely. I only have one end of each pepper.
- a little chopped red onion
- a bag of a mixture of three cheeses “special pizza”
- a little dried oregano
- a few slices of black olives
- drained plain tuna
- anchovies. I halved each anchovy
- Degas the dough and form small balls of dough of 50 g.
- Roll out a small ball in the shape of a pancake, thinning out the middle, then place it in a mold covered with paper and finish rolling it out, leaving the edges thick as in the photo. To do this, oil the stem of the goblet with a little olive oil and crush the middle of the dough. Finish shaping with your fingers to have a nice round dough.
- For the rolls with tuna filling :
- Add 1 small teaspoon of tomato sauce then melting grated cheese.
- Add a little natural tuna then a little of the mixture of chopped peppers as well as a little onion and slices of black olives.
- Sprinkle with a little dried oregano. Drizzle everything with a tsp of olive oil.
- For the anchovy filling :
- In the small well place 1 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- Then melting grated cheese.
- Cut 2 anchovies each in half then place them on the cheese, drawing a kind of grid for a nice visual.
- Decorate with a slice of black olive placed in the middle.
- Sprinkle a little oregano and a little olive oil with a teaspoon.
- Bake the buns until they take on a nice golden color and the cheese is melted. Keep an eye on the cooking, it cooks quite quickly!