before sharing with you the recipe for this delicious dish, I want to apologize to all the people who asked me on Instagram for the delay in its publication. These last few days, I encountered some problems with my connection and I was also very busy with the preparations for the start of the school year.
This delicious coconut milk chicken, prepared mainly with chicken drumsticks, is really delicious and quite quick to prepare. You can use another part of the chicken, chicken thighs for example. The sauce is creamy and slightly spicy with chilli but it does not sting.
I invite you to try this recipe which will surely delight you. This dish is tasty and well flavored. The best accompaniment is basmati rice, which I cooked in a special steam pressure cooker designed for cooking rice.
- 5 to 6 chicken drumsticks
- a small drizzle of olive oil
- a chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves peeled then grated
- 2 small hot peppers (very small) or just one (I put a red and a green) seeded
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 large tomatoes
- salt (1/2 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 briquettes of coconut milk (400 ml)
- For the presentation of the dish: a little chopped fresh coriander
- In a large plate or bowl, mix all the spices mentioned (salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper, turmeric, ground coriander). Add a little water to dilute everything.
- Using a knife, make two slits on each side of each chicken drumstick for faster cooking. Marinate the meat in this spice mix.
- In a skillet, pour a small drizzle of oil. Heat this oil just a little, without reaching the smoke point and brown the chicken drumsticks.
- Add chopped onion and grated garlic. Sauté everything over low heat. Turn the pieces of meat often. Cover every time.
- Add the seeded and chopped hot peppers and the tablespoon of grated fresh ginger.
- Then add the crushed tomatoes. Make come back. Cover. Stir often. When there is no more juice, add a little water, just enough to ensure the cooking of the meat. Let reduce.
- Finally, add the 400 ml of coconut milk. Let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- It’s ready! Sprinkle with a little chopped fresh cilantro when serving. If you don’t like cilantro, skip it.
- Serve this delicious coconut milk chicken with a good basmati rice, washed and cooked in a special rice steamer if possible (I put 3 water glasses of rice and 1.5 glasses of water for each glass of rice).
- Bon appetit and enjoy!